Sunday, July 27, 2008

Work, work & more work, Old Friends, and Getting a Fat Dog Back in Shape

What a busy week last week was! A week that I felt like I barely saw my husband. Between working swaps, regular work schedules and CPR certification, we hardly saw each other this past week. Jared has been a busy bee. His pressure washing business just picked up a weekly contract. The upside is that this is good, consistent income for the business. The downside is that this job must be done on weekend nights.

Last night, I met some old highschool friends for dinner in Macon. It was great to see old friends and catch up. All three of them, Autumn, Celeste and Leslie, have kids, so this is their mommy's night out. They let me join in this time. We had drinks and dinner at Bonefish then we visited with Autumn's sister, Summer, and her husband, Lewis. Being that I had a long drive to make by myself, I was the first to head out. Who knows what trouble the girls got into once I left?

Yesterday, Jared and I took Jasmine back to the dog park. She had a good time chasing Sadie around. Sadie is a boxer beagle mix, a cutie pie! Jasmine ran wild until she could run no more. Then she and Jasmine took turns (although not willingly) laying in a cool spot on the ground where I'd spilt ice water. Today Jasmine and I went for a walk. We walked around the block a couple of times the we walked up and down a nearby giant hill a couple of times. When we got back, she plopped down on her favorite part of the tile floor (where the AC blows). Maybe we can get our pretty pup back down around 72 lbs.

Next week, we are off on vacation. We are visiting Jared's grandparents on Kure beach, a secluded beach just south of Wilmington. It will be great to see them and great to relax together.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Here's your comment! I'm enjoying your new blog! :)

Unknown said...

Here I am! All caught up! I had a great time this weekend!