Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Today I begin anew

Today I am starting a new blog chronicling mine and Jared's new life together. I have been blogging for nearly three years now through myspace. Today, I am making my blog a little more accesible to family and friends. I am hopeful that Jared will also join in the blogging process with me. I think it will be fun to see how our family changes through the years, and I think this will be a great tool to observe it. Below, I have copied and pasted all of the blogs I've written since our May 3, 2008 wedding.

Sunday, July 06, 2008
Been Busy

It's been a busy couple of weeks for us. It started with our house being in complete chaos post wedding. It was a mess, a mess, a mess. Now, we have incorporated all of our wedding gifts and made sense of our home. Finally, our house is a home again! We also revamped our bathroom, painted the walls green, put in a new mirror, changed the lighting, and changed the shower curtain, etc. I think it turned out pretty good.

We also bought a new car this week. I got a red 2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited. It's so pretty, and I love it. If you are familiar with tina teal or even with "the boo", you know that this is a VAST improvement. Right now, I am really enjoying running errands and just driving in general. How fun!

This July 4th, we had some friends and family over for the 4th. It was a lot of fun. We grilled burgers, brats and hot dogs and had some fun sides. I made a spiked strawberry lime pie, and we had blue margaritas w/ very festive straws. There was a kid pool along with bocce ball. Jasmine also had a great time. We let her peruse amongst the guests off leash, and she embraced it and did well. On the 5th, Jared's parents came into town and we headed to the Corns for a cookout which was also tons of fun. We had some delicious, slow-cooked Eastman ribs along with Donald Trump's, Oprah adored turkey burgers. As always at the Corns, the food and friends were fantastic.

What a fun couple of weeks...but also exhausting few weeks...Jared and I are ready for a little relaxation.

12:15 AM

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where’s Sandi?

So, Saturday was a busy day...after a night of trying to pretend that I'm cooler than I really am. Friday, after dinner at Atkins Park, I suggested we go to the bar for a few drinks. I think I am discovering that unless I'm with a group of friends, I just don't dig the bar scene any longer. The next day I came clean to my husband telling him that I just wanted to go so that I would seem like a cool wife. Later that day, as I was running errands and Jared was working, I received a text telling me what a cool wife I am (collectively...1...2...3...AWE!). It made me smile so big. After getting home from running errands, I decided to bake a coffee cake for my breakfast with Jared the following morning. After baking the cake and then it totally flopping (literally...hot caramel and all) on my feet, I realize that it's 10 p.m., and I haven't talked to Jared. I run and grab my phone out of my purse to see that I've missed 3 calls from him. I call him and when he answered he asked, "Where have you been? I have been calling and looking for you. I was worried." I explained that time had gotten away from me and that I didn't hear my phone. He then told me that he'd called a few of my friends b/c he was so worried. As we got off the phone, I received calls from a couple of friends wondering if all was well.

Even though Jared was frustrated with me and maybe over-reacted a tad, it's so nice to know how much he cares about me, and it's nice to know that I have someone looking out for me. I guess that's what married folks do. They look out for each other.

3:11 PM - 1 Comments - 2 Kudos

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Getting things in order...

So, we have finished having all of our wedding festivities. They ended with a splendid, Jamaican themed reception at our friends' (Ann & Jim) home. What a lovely affair! We had delicious food from Coco Loco, homemade pina coladas, and I attempted to kick off my cupcake making business by making pina colada cupcakes topped with rum buttercream icing (which totally turned out dry and not delicious). Bob Marley and Jimmy Buffet had us jamming to some tunes, and our friends kept great conversation and the good times rolling.

Now it is time to put away all of our new, fun items in our very small condo. We did a lot yesterday and made good progress. However, there is still more to do. We want to get it all done along with a bathroom revamp in time for a fun July 4th cookout. Plus, I want to plant a few flowers out back. We'll see if it all happens.

3:05 AM - 2 Comments - 2 Kudos

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Going Topless???

Every girl has one of those days where she feels fat. It just happens. Recently while I was getting ready to go to the pool, I knew I was having one of those days. So, I start the day realizing that my favorite bathing suit is dirty, and I'll have to go with one I like a little less. Then, as I am putting on my second favorite bathing suit, the plastic clip at the back pops and I am topless. Jared laughs until he realizes that I am nearly in tears then he wisens up and says that I should stop buying cheap bathing suits at Target. Then, I put on another bathing suit (a new one that I took on my honeymoon) and I wonder why I ever even bought it b/c I realize that I look like my very own planet in it. Finally, I choose to go with my old, stand-by "fat" bathing suit. I put it on, and I feel alright. We can leave now (30 minutes late).

We head to the pool, we're hanging out next to the pool watching Eli splash and have a good time, commenting on how good Atticus is being when I decide I want to take a dip in the pool to cool off. Jared was up for getting in as well. He jumps in the pool. I am about to follow when........BAM.......my 2nd bathing suit top of the day pops off!!!!!! I gave the other pool visitors quite a show. Jared said that I was definitely "visible" for a split second. So, my husband jumps out of the pool to my rescue and ties my bathing suit back on. What a day!

2:49 AM - 4 Comments - 4 Kudos

Thursday, June 05, 2008

My Handy Husband

What an awesome husband I have! He spent most of his day doing man chores and running errands for us all while he worked in lunch with his wife (me). He met me at work and we went to BOA to add me to his account. We officially have a joint checking and savings account now! He then went with me to lunch. Following lunch with his lovely wife (again, that's me), he went to the AT&T store to order up some services for us. We're finally getting a home phone and finally ditching Charter Cable. We're down with the dish now. After that he headed to home depot for some caulk, then he came home and caulked the tub. What a handy man he is! Yay for husbands!

1:12 PM - 3 Comments - 4 Kudos

Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Friends

This weekend I went home for a post-wedding shower. While there, I was able to visit with two of my best friends from elementary, middle and high school. It was so good to catch up with them. So often friendships grow apart as people grow and change, but it was nice to see that so much was the same for those few hours. Like they say, "make new friends, but keep the old."...I know it's cheesey...but maybe a little true. :)

2:18 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos

Chicken Fried

If you know me, you know I spent a good portion of my early twenties hanging out at the Dixie Tavern listening to Zac Brown play music. Well, last week I was in a co-workers office, and I heard Zac Brown's Chicken Fried playing on the radio. Not to say that he's "made it big", but he's on his way up. Way to go Zac!
1:17 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos

Friday, May 16, 2008

Dog Sitting

Tonight I am dog sitting Oliver for my friend Ashley. She found him, abandoned and starving, in her apartment's dog park. The vet estimated that he was around 6 mos old. Jasmine is having a BLAST playing with him. He seems to be enjoying her company as well. They are SO cute playing tug-of-war.
2:59 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos

The Fall

was a little more than I originally expected. I went to the doctor to check on my knee to find out that I was bruised up. However, she wanted me to have a CT scan to check my head due to the way I passed out following the fall. After seeing a neurologist, he was happy just to have me have an EEG. I did that today. I'll know the results soon enough...and the neurologist felt very certain they would be fine...the test was mostly precautionary.

Today basically I laid on a table w/ sensors strapped all over my head. Most of the time I was instructed to lay there with my eyes closed. At some point I was asked to open them then breathe deeply. Then I had to look at a strobe light and close my eyes while a strobe light flashed. It was all pretty interesting and different.
2:51 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos

Monday, May 12, 2008

Falling...

down the stairs. Last night we visited a friend of Jared's. While there, I was walking down the stairs and fell half way down. Whoah! Not to be overly dramatic, but it was one of the scariest moments in my life. The whole time I was falling down the stairs I was thinking, "Please don't let my neck break." Luckily, it didn't. I'm just a little bruised up.
2:13 PM - 1 Comments - 2 Kudos

Wedding & Honeymoon

Jared and I tied the knot! We were married on the beach at the entrance to Fort Screven, Tybee Island, GA in front of 40 friends and family. Wow, what a windy wedding it was. While reciting our vows, my hair was constantly stuck in my lip stick. Before we were able to kiss, I had to get Jared to get my hair out of my face. I can't wait to share the pictures.
Our reception followed at the historic Tybee Island Landmark, The Guardhouse. We feasted and danced with our closest friends and family. Pete Jock kept us rocking out to acoustic guitar playing all of our favorite tunes. Our first dance was to Van Morrison's "Have I Told You Lately." Our cake was beautiful, and nearly everything went as planned. We were SO happy with the day.
Following our beach wedding and reception, we went to Couples Sans Souci in Ochos Rios, Jamaica where we vacationed in an all inclusive resort for a week getting sun on the beach, snorkeling, ocean kayaking, and climbing the famous Dunns River Falls. It was the best vacation either of us has ever had.

No comments: