Sometimes it can be easy to let the little things get you down. Over the last few weeks, I have found myself being very thankful for all of the things that are going right in life. Jared and I have started this wonderful journey (called marriage) together. It's been so fun to take this "team" approach to life...to plan something with someone who I respect and love.
We are surrounded by supportive family and friends. Right now, we have a freezer and a fridge full of fresh veggies, fruit and meat that our family has provided us. Over the holiday, we were able to spend time with some of our closest friends and have some of family in town.
We just purchased a new car, our "family" car, as we call it. We are beginning to plan for purchasing our first "family" home. These are very exciting steps in our lives.
I am thankful for my job. Each day as I read about forclosures and the unemployment rate, I am thankful to have a good job.
When I mentioned to a coworker how great things were, she told me to "Shhh...don't ruin it." However so often people get caught up complaining and thinking about what is "not right," I just want to take a little time to think about what's going right and appreciate it in the moment. Take a second to think about what's going right in your life.
1 comment:
Very encouraging words! You have a great outlook on life!
Post a Comment