Monday, May 4, 2009

A Wild Little Boy, Maybe?

I had my 16 week doctor's visit earlier today. When we first arrived, there was a pregnant mother of two sitting in the waiting area with her two boys. The little boys initially were sitting side by side bickering and driving each other crazy. The mom then separated them and sat in the middle. The more devilish little boy then jumped up and was dancing around the small waiting area stepping on a few toes, mine included, (the waiting room is the size of most walk in closets and furnished with two loveseats and two chairs). He then laid spread eagle in the floor (taking up all of the floor space in the waiting area) before his mom quickly grabbed him up. All in all, it was either rather funny and entertaining or enough to drive you crazy. Soon after, Dr. Tackitt came out and questioned the boys about which was the bad one and which was the mellow one. They responded in turn as everyone was laughing. Soon after he saw their mother.

When he came in to see us, he told us about how the wildness continued through his visit with their mom, and he even complimented how well she handled them. Then as he was checking Pip's heartbeat, he said "It sounds strong, maybe like a boy, a little wild boy like the one in the waiting room" at which point Jared and I both laughed. Who knows? Boy or girl? We will find out on May 27th around 9:30 a.m.

Tomorrow morning, I am having the oral glucose test done. It is a little early, but I am being tested twice during the course of my pregnancy for gestational diabetes since I have a family history of type II diabetes.

Any thoughts? What are you thinking? Boy or girl? :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i vote dude.

Deanna said...

Boy!

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER been right when guessing the sex of a baby..even with my own children. I thought Megan was a boy b/c I was so sick during the pregnancy (which I thought only a boy would do to his mommy :)). I thought Emma was a boy b/c the pregnancy was completely different even with the way I carried. I can tell you that our nurse with Megan guessed she was a girl based on her "fast" heartbeat. I guess the theory is that a "fast" heartbeat is more typical for a girl in the womb. But, Emma's heartbeat was much slower...so, who knows :) Either way, how exciting! Can't wait to hear whether it's a little boy or girl :)

TheySay said...

a wild little boy to play with Eli and Atticus for sure!