and she has dirty ears and she has a little tartar on her teeth! What kind of mom am I??? We took Jasmine to the vet this afternoon, and she weighed 93 lbs. That's about 13 lbs over her maximum (not ideal) weight. Oh my! We were given instructions to cut her food by one cup each day and to supplement her diet with green beans, carrots or apples if she is still hungry...and no more treats! Last night, we also went on a family walk after dinner. Bless her fat little heart, she is so out of shape that she was exhausted at the end of our short walk. She was even walking slower than me, prego.
She also had her first diagnosis of mild tartar. Now, I am supposed to massage her canines regularly. Once she is comfortable with that, I am supposed to brush her teeth. She is really good at letting me put my fingers in her mouth. She's such a sweet girl.
We also received instruction on the proper way to clean a lab's ears. She enjoys that. Jasmine loves some good ear rubbing.
2 comments:
I've found that Milk Bones do a really good job of keeping dogs' teeth clean, but they sure won't help her obesity problem. Bless her heart!
I know! I feel like an awful mom!
Post a Comment