Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Busy Weekend

This past weekend was pretty busy and pretty exhausting. I was so excited that we had much of yesterday to relax and recover.

We started off the weekend going out to our favorite pizza joint, Blue Moon, with our newlywed friends, Joyce and Desmond. It was a very fun night. I just let loose and enjoyed the good food, good friends and good drinks. As always, we got into a heated discussion about Michael Vick that made a few of the other tables cringe. What can I say? This girl LOVES Matt Ryan.

After a restless Friday night, we had to get up EARLY to drive down the Eastman for my great grandfather's funeral. While there, I discovered another fantastic family name for little girls...Nelly. My great grandmother was named Nelly Ruth. Jared is not so fond of naming our future daughter Ruth, so maybe I can talk him into Nelly. What a whirlwind, we visited with family I hadn't seen in years, stopped by to see my mom then it was back in the car and back up to Atlanta.

Once we returned to town, we stopped to see Tom in order to pick up the turkey fryer that he and Shannon are loaning us for Thanksgiving (so exciting!). While there, we got a tour of the GLORIOUS Vinings firestation. It is SO nice. It has a deck with a gas grill, and it also has an amazing kitchen. It even has an elevator.

We got home and freshened up then it was off to Kip and Kelly's 5th anniversary party which also became Kelly's 40th surprise birthday party. Kelly is, of course, a fabulous 40! The party was a wine tasting so we were able to take the wine that Jared's parents made. We also played a little stick the nose on the clown (akin to pin the nose on the donkey). Nikki won the prize, a MARGARATOR, for best food with some chocolate candies from Sam's. The car ride home was nearly as entertaining as the party thanks to Mr. Corn.

Needless to say, we slept like rocks Saturday night. After lazing around much of Sunday, we decided that we wanted to switch bedrooms. We cleaned our bedroom and tried to make it as "Jasmine-hair free" as possible. We measured beds and measured rooms, and we are going to make the switch. Tomorrow while I am working, Jared is going to do a good deal of the grunt work (what he does best) then I'll return and do the finishing touches (what I do best)! I'm excited.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Nelly?

http://freshplays.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/nelly600sm.png

Say no more.

Sandi Purinton said...

Yes, like Nelly Olsen, Nelly Furtado. I think my Nellie will end in an i or ie. :)