Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weeks 21 & 22

I am well into my 2nd trimester now. So far it's been great! I feel so much better than I did in my 1st trimester. I am feeling Parker play kickball or karate or whatever other sport he may be inventing on a pretty regular basis. It's hard to believe that I felt him move for the very first time just 2 1/2 weeks ago on the way home from our doctor's appointment. Now, I feel him every time I get up in the middle of the night and as I sit at my desk as work typing up legal documents. Next up, Jared gets to feel him move. He's been trying, but so far with no luck.

We are trying to sell our spare bedroom furniture. If you know anyone who needs an armoire, dresser and nightstands (that have great refinish potential), please send them our way! I am trying to purge as much as possible (for me, a slight packrat). I wish I had those people from clean sweep to come and whip me into shape (I just get mad if Jared tries to do it.) :)

I have started the process of registering, and it is so overwhelming...reading reviews, trying to find the best value for the money, trying to choose things that will fit into our cramped condo, making sure we have everything we need. I am fortunate to have great friends to help me and fortunate that I was definitely not the first of my friends to have had a baby.

If you've had a baby, what has been the item you have used most and found the most useful?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I don't have babies, but I do read a lot. I remembered this from Amalah who writes one of my favorite blogs:

http://www.alphamom.com/smackdown/2009/02/the_five_most_and_least_useful_1.php#more/