Bedding, now that we know the sex, has been a big focus for me. Jared and I did the normal search at Babies R Us, and then we went to a place called The Baby's Room that Nikki referred us to. I searched online all afternoon this past Sunday. We didn't like any of the bedding we saw as much as some we found online made by Brandee Danielle. These are the two we are choosing between (as of now). I've ordered swatches of both. One is much less expensive than the other. Of course, the most expensive one is my favorite...though no one else's.

We also fell into an awesome opportunity. My friend Megan has taken up photography as a hobby, and she's gotten quite good. A friend of hers is teaching a Maternity photography workshop on July 25th, and I get to be a model. If Jared can get the day off, he will be a model as well! As a result, we will get bunches and bunches of great pregnancy pictures for free! I am so excited!We've also been exploring childcare this week. I sent an email to my friends and got a few good referrals. One of the most promising is from my friend, Larry. He and his wife have used a family daycare center for the past few years for both of their children. The operator is a firefighter's wife. It turns out she will likely have an opening in January, and her rate is really reasonable. We can send Parker to her "full time" for what we thought we would spend on part time care...meaning if Jared needs to drop him off for the day to pressure wash or run errands, he can! All in all, I feel like we've gotten some good things accomplished this week!
4 comments:
I vote for the frogs! So cute!
I'm partial to the farm
Hey, Pat! You're the first. It's my favorite too! Maybe Uncle Pat can help us buy it since it's the most expensive. :)
Maybe Uncle Pat is too busy trying to put together money to maybe get married so i can make you an Aunt Sandi one day.....okay probably not the Aunt part....
Post a Comment