As we have settled into marriage and become more comfortable with each other, we've also gotten lazy. The dishes that we used to promptly clean after dinner now sit the in the sink overnight. The condo that we used to clean Saturday after breakfast sometimes goes unswept until we have company coming over. Sometimes we don't clean the bathroom floor until it looks like we have a 3rd black bath mat (we actually have two). My silent New Year's resolution is to be less lazy. I read about all of the extra calories we burn if we are up doing things around the house. I was also mortified when my friend, Joyce, dropped by after the holidays, and our house looked like a madhouse.
As a result, I proposed a 7 days a week cleaning schedule to my husband. I've read about this strategy for busy moms who don't have a lot of time to devote to cleaning the house. One room per day, I tell him. He grumbles and says that now coming home is like going to work. We've only been on new schedule for three days now. Granted, we don't have a chart on the refrigerator, and we don't earn a gold star each day we do our chores leading to some reward or allowance, but I hope we'll be successful, and I am hoping that I am never immediately embarassed when someone knocks on our door again!
No comments:
Post a Comment