This past week, my dear aunt Crystal lost her hard fought battle with cancer this past week. It was just two falls ago that doctor's discovered in what was to be a routine surgery that she had cancer in her pancreas, small intestines and stomach. Since then, she has battled hard trying multiple treatments. In her life prior to cancer, she was a hospice nurse providing care to people in their most difficult times. In our family of tough men and smart ass comments, she was always there to give me a reassuring look when someone said something that burned a little too deep. I remember being in her wedding twenty years ago and feeling like a princess for a day. She was a cherished mother and an adored wife. I will miss her greatly, but I am so thankful that she doesn't have to fight and be in pain any longer.


No comments:
Post a Comment