Thursday, January 15, 2009

Loving home ownership....again...

Tonight, I arrived home from work a little late. Luckily, I'd planned to make a meal out of my new Southern Living Quick and Easy Cookbook (courtesy of Nikki Corn). We whipped up our meal of healthy, slightly low-cal calzones, preheated the oven and got ready to put them in only to find that the oven has not heated! Over dinner (out, I might add, to Bella's pizzeria for sinful, fattening calzones), we discussed repairing the oven v. buying a new one. It has always been our plan to slowly replace our appliances with stainless steel (or stainless steel "like" appliances before we begin to sell our condo. Luckily, this household disaster occurred during one of our two extra pay cycles each year (we are paid biweekly rather than twice a month resulting in two "extra" paychecks per year). I should also mention that the last time we had an extra paycheck we had to replace our fridge. I wonder what appliance will go out on our next extra check. Will it be a microwave/dishwasher combo? So, rather than paying down our remaining credit card, it looks as if we may be purchasing a stove this weekend.

No comments: