My, my, my...what a busy morning it has been. First I woke up, weighed myself and realized I'd lost 4 lbs on my new diet (I started Wednesday), Go me! My day was off to a good start. Next, the AC repair person came (b/c our drain pipe is clogged...again) and made the repairs and didn't charge us a thing since he had been out a couple of months before. Hopefully this time he corrected the problem for the long haul.
My friend Ashley brought her dog, Stanley, to come stay the night with me and Jasmine. They have been going after it every since...up until now, both are curled up and asleep.
While the dogs were running wild, I decided to make my breakfast, a coffee flavored smoothie. When I take out the ice cream, I realize the consistency is soft serve. I check the ice, and the pieces seem miniature size. I check the fridge. The milk is barely cold. Woe is me. It seems our fridge is broken.
I immediately call Frigidaire. The repairman they refer me to doesn't answer. I start unloading fridge items and putting them in coolers then unloading the freezer things and putting those items that hadn't thawed into our big freezer.
Finally I get around to calling repair people. The people I talk to say that they will come out for $20. Sweet! The lady on the phone said she will have a repairman call me. An hour later he calls. He tells me the rate for weekends is $50. He asks me a few questions about my fridge. He tells me that my compressor has gone out, and it would be a waste of time for him to come and a waste of my $50 (although he's happy to come if I want him to). I tell him I'd rather put that money toward our new fridge. We have to get a new fridge. I LOVE being a homeowner! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment