Saturday was a lot of fun. Jared came home, and we cooked breakfast together. Then we started preparing for the rest of the day. We were taking a casserole to my friend Misti (and her husband Chad) because she just had her darling son, McRae, on July 4th, and later attending Eli's third birthday party which would kick off at a bowling alley. I love bowling, and I love to beat Jared at bowling.
.jpg)


.jpg)

Following the party, we went to the Corn's house for dessert and gift opening. Nikki made a giant cookie for the party. For each kid, she cut their name out of another cookie cake and made place settings for each child. It was so cute, and the kids loved it.
.jpg)

.jpg)
We dropped off the casserole with Misti, and poor McRae was so hungry and very unhappy that we were interrupting meal time. Misti said that he either has cholic or reflux, so she has her hands very full. Despite his unhappy demeanor, he was such a beautiful little person. I continue to be amazed as my friends become parents. We said hello to Misti and Chad, peaked at McRae, gave her cooking instructions and rushed out the door.
.jpg)
Yesterday was Eli's third birthday and what a grand day it was, indeed. It kicked off at the Stars and Stripes bowling alley where we bowled two games. Eli had an absolute blast. After each of his turns, he would stand back, squat like a coach, and watch his ball as it crept to the end of the lane knocking down pins. What's also fun about Eli is that he cheers everyone else on. After your turn, he is quick to give you a high five or an Obama fist bump. The one downside of this trip to the bowling alley was that Jared beat me.....TWICE.

.jpg)

Following the party, we went to the Corn's house for dessert and gift opening. Nikki made a giant cookie for the party. For each kid, she cut their name out of another cookie cake and made place settings for each child. It was so cute, and the kids loved it.Then came gift opening time. Eli was so precious opening his gifts. I was pretty excited that he liked our gift so much. We gave him some clothes and we gave him a home bowling set. Before long, he will be a pro. One of his other favorite gifts was a robot. When he opened it, he exclaimed, "I knew I could get a robot!" After that, the kids took turns whacking at a pinata. They had so much fun. We did too. I can't believe that Eli is three. I can't believe the Corns have two kids. Wow, how times change.
.jpg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment