Thursday, November 12, 2009

Parker's First Night in his Nursery

The two times that Jared worked so far, Parker has slept really well at night. I concluded it was because I could sleep through his grunting and whining whereas Jared could not and would often get him up for feedings when he was making those noises. I consulted Nikki, and she suggested that we move Parker to his room. I thought it sounded like a great idea. I ran it by Jared, and we decided to give it a go last night.

I told Nikki of our plans, and she said "Oh, how sad..." She told me it would be worth it, but it would be sad. I didn't think so at all. I just had visions of sheep strolling through my peaceful sleep. When 9:30 came around and it was time to put him to bed, I did it without a thought. However, as I began the journey to our bedroom, I turned back and looked at him just to be sure he was OK. I tried to leave again, and again turned back to check on him. Finally I left, fretting as I walked back to my room that I wouldn't be able to check on him (although I rarely did when he was in our room...except when he woke us up). I got into bed, laid there, heard him cry a bit and then I hopped up and rocked him back to sleep. I left again, listened to him stir, got up and checked on him. Then I came back and got into bed for the final time (of that feeding of course). I began to cry. Jared seemed surprised and asked me what was wrong. I told him that I just felt like Parker was so far away. My heart was so heavy. I worried we wouldn't hear him, and I cried on Jared's chest.

Two hours later, we heard Parker just fine when he was hungry and ready to eat. :) We survived night 1 in the nursery.

No comments: