Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kids say the darndest things

A friend of mine sent me an email about her daughter, Ally, yesterday. What a funny story! See below.

Ally asked "who gave me this book?" I said, "Eli's Aunt Sandi. We have a picture of her on our fridge. She used to babysit you." She said, "Oh! She has blonde hair!" I said,"Yes!" She said, "And she's dead!" I said, "No! It's been awhile since we have seen her but she is not dead." She looked so puzzled, and we had this same conversation the next day, and she kept saying "You told me she was dead." Finally, I said, "Do you think that Eli's Aunt Sandi has short blonde hair, is in a pink dress, and is on a magnet on our fridge?" She said, "Yes!" I said, "That's Marilyn Monroe." So there you have it. You have been mistaken for Marilyn Monroe!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Hahahaha! That IS a great story!