Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sandi's Snapshots

So, after Parker was born, Jared was kind enough to agree to let us invest in a DSLR.  Rather than doing everything for you, it allows you more creative freedom with its manual controls, better lenses, depth of field and better shutter speed.  About a year after we bought the camera, I had a lesson on how to use it.  Lisa, who has taken Parker's photos, let me borrow a book which was really insightful.  Scott Kelby makes complicated things easy and fun to read - great author for beginning photographers.  During my lesson, the instructor suggested a different lens.  THEN came my Christmas bonus, and I was able to get it.  I have been doing a lot of practice and have had a follow up lesson with my instructor/mentor.

I have started a blog to chronicle some of my pictures.  I welcome you to follow it and give me your feedback.  Feedback and constructive criticism can only make me better.  In the long run, I hope that this is something I can pursue part time as a hobby and possibly to help support our family.  I would love to target my audience towards police, firefighters, teachers and social workers making portrait photography more available and more affordable for them.  Check out my new blog here - Sandi's Snapshots.

Let me know if I can take some pictures of you and your family and friends.

No comments: