We celebrated Jared's first father's day yesterday, because he works today. His request for a special day - stay in and take it easy. I was almost able to accommodate him. After a hectic Friday at work, I wasn't able to pick up groceries for breakfast. So, we headed to J. Christopher's for breakfast, and it was delish. Parker was on great behavior and sat in the high chair like a big boy. He tried some of mommy's grits (I think I am raising this one right b/c he seems to like them), mommy's strawberries and daddy's potatoes. Jared had the Southwestern breakfast skillet, and I had the banana bread french toast. Yummo!
Sitting up like a big boy
The rest of the day we lazed around the house (did a little cleaning). We lit our citronella candles and faced the mosquitoes outside for 1/2 an hour. Parker sat up on the blanket and took it all in. He really enjoys being outside. I made Philly Firecracker wraps for lunch. For dinner we had fish tacos, chipotle tartar sauce, Cilantro Slaw, refried black beans and corn on the cob. Desert was a mango cream pie per Jared's request. I also made some watermelon margaritas. Parker tried some of our fish and really gobbled it up. Yummy fish! The day ended perfectly with a Braves win.
Covered in a mound of toys...just like he likes

No comments:
Post a Comment