I've been back at work now for two weeks. Parker has done great. He seems calm and cool when I pick him up from Ms. Melody's house. He enjoys his days with daddy. He has even taken his one bottle of formula a day like a champ. I was sad to have to supplement, but I'm just not making enough milk to keep my little piglet fed during the day while I'm away.
I have done ok. My first week back to work, I had to take off two days because I was sick. It was a cold gone wild. Just a little out of control. It was probably my body rebelling against waking up at 5:45. I've never gotten up so early...ever in my life! Each day while at work, I am counting down the minutes when I get to be home with my dear, dear family again. It amazes me that women choose to go back to work when they have the option to stay home. I really treasured my three months to watch my baby grow. I cried a little when he did his first "first" while I was at work (when he rolled over). I know that there are more to come. Today, it was nice to get my first paycheck again and join the rest of the dual income families. Hopefully, we'll get a house for our family soon, and it'll all be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment